Saturday, September 6, 2008

Picking berries


Since we cant go 'real' berry picking like we used to down in Atascadero, the kids have resorted to picking the unknown berries off of the trees out front. Someone told us they were huckleberries but I think those grow on vines not on trees :)
(Don't worry Shannon, I didn't let them or make them eat the berries..this time. lol)
Anyway, they really enjoyed picking them off and making pretend berry/dirt pies.

1 comment:

Scott and Shelly said...

Hey! We have huckleberries up here, and they grow singly on bushes. The leaves are like pointed ovals and the berries look like blue berries, with a pumpkin-ish shape (I'm a big help, I know). We also have something called Service or Sarvice Berries, which are also blue, but they grow kind of in bunches. The Service Berries have almost no taste. The huckleberries are like blueberries only much much better (ask Lori). I have a few gallons of them in the freezer. They're a lot of fun to find and pick.
Love you!