Monday, January 5, 2009

Sunday School memory verse

Saturday I was telling Brian my life verse.. Being confident of this very thing, that He who begun a good work in you will continue it until the day of Christ Jesus. Phil 1:6

I have many favorite verses in the Bible but this one always brings me comfort and peace knowing that God will never give up on me. That day when I heard Him call my name was the beginning of a continual shaping and molding of me. When I get a little down because it seems like I have failed at something once again...this verse reminds me that He isn't done with me yet.

So back to my quick story...I told Brian my life verse. Later that day I opened up our Sunday School Book to prepare for our class and what do you know? Our Lesson that we taught on last night was how we aren't a finished project and our memory verse for the week is Phil 1:6.
I love it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you Keri for sharing that. It gives me re-newed hope too :)
Isn't it just amazing how we get confirmation? And it's no accident either. I love it too. Love you my sweet daughter in law.