Sunday, June 8, 2008

Confession by Keri

So, Brian watched the kids today so I could go down to Fresno by myself to do grocery shopping.
What a blessing!
I made it down the hill passed the orange trees....enjoying listening to music without kids screaming in the back.
I looked down to see that I was going 70. Huh, I wonder what the speed limit is on this stretch.
I found out it was 55 when the officer pulled me over.
So since I have never been pulled over, I was a nervous wreck . I wonder if he thought he should search my vehicle because I was shaking so bad. He didn't... but he did give me a ticket. Ugh. It ruined my whole day. A couple of thoughts ran through my head...First, Brian is going to kill me..(He always tells me to drive slow) and then excuses (they should have had the speed limit posted exactly where I wanted it, the cop was a jerk and didn't like Christians, he didnt like redheads and he was short and had a complex.)
Anyway, I just had to confess that I have a problem with speeding and now you guys have to keep me accountable. ;)
Oh, and I so wanted to get a picture of him leaning through the window but Brian said good thing I didnt go reaching for my silver camera out of my purse. I might of not made it home tonight....

2 comments:

susiej42 said...

Keri, my heart goes out to you! I love your "excuses". It sure isn't fun to get pulled over...it's happened twice to me, a LONG time ago and after the fear, anger seems to rise up. I was kind of snotty to the officer one of the times, and he was going to write me up for insubbordination :( I changed my attitude real quick, and he didn't. I sure hope Brian was kind, merciful and compassionate. I can imagine how it ruined your day. Maybe after it was all done, you could have asked him if you could take his picture for your blog???
Love you

Shannon said...

If I had been able to get out of my house full of kids and gone with you I would have totally taken a picture of you and the cop! :)