
Calvary Kids Connection :)

And this picture just tells a funny story. Chloe was doing rather well with potty training right before we left Hume and then it just got too much for me to stay on top of it with moving so I put it off until we were settled here. Anyway, two days ago I started the whole process again. It didn't go too well. She peed everywhere except the toilet. I set the timer every 10 minutes. Then I tried bribing her with jelly beans. I tried running water. Then I tried combining all three! Seriously. The timer went off so I took her in the potty, sat her down, put the jelly bean jar ON TOP OF THE MEDICINE CABINET (so she could see it for incentive), turned on the water and waited. I got bored so I started cleaning the counter and saw my face lotion. I picked it up and put it BACK IN THE MEDICINE CABINET. I forgot about the jellybeans propped up above it. It was raining Jelly beans everywhere! Chloe squealed "Yay! Jellybeans!! "as she frantically tried to grab them before I could pick them up.
So, today I opened up the medicine cabinet and found two jellybeans I missed. ;)

I should say, I was so discouraged I put her back in diapers yesterday, but tried again today. She did wonderful!! She had one accident early this morning but used the potty for the rest of the day. Both #1 and #2! Hooray!

5 comments:
Beautiful shot of your flowers Keri!! And the potty story was hilarious....love you all. xoxo
LOVE IT!! Hilarious story. Hey -- having Butler withdrawals... Might just have to walk over to give hugs today. Will call you in awhile :) xoxo
Too funny about the jelly beans! Great about the potty training! Have you looked on the web and seen how you can make your blog into a book... looks cool!
Oh potty training... I know I need to start eventually with Emily. I am just waiting for her to show interest. I'm going to use Chloe as inspiration in the meantime.
Lori, I have heard of the blog book! Very cool! I'll have to look into that...
Michele, I think that is the best way to do it..I have always waited until they show signs of being ready or when they turn 3. Which, Chloe and Abby did the latter. Ha! I remember a friend that had 5 kids told me that she never started potty training until they turned 3...that made me feel so much better.
Post a Comment