Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pause Group

Our camp has a program where college age kids (who want direction in life or just a chance to study) come up and stay for a 9 month program. Its a pretty disciplined program that doesnt allow distractions such as tv, movie or music, so they can focus on growing in the Lord. Anyway, to give the kids a break away from their routine, they developed "Pause Families" which staff families spend time with them about twice a month by having them over for dinner or just to hang out. Brian and I decided to do it this year and tonight was our first dinner. We have a really sweet group that consists of 3 guys and 2 girls. I was a little intimidated by the thought of having to entertain them but it was super easy and I really enjoyed it. We're looking foward to having them over at the end of the month :)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am so glad it went well! It looks like they were really enjoying the girls. I think this is awesome that you are opening up your home to them! xoxox

Scott and Shelly said...

What a great idea to have the kids interact with young families who're walking the walk. And what a good idea for your girls to get to know these kids who're doing the same. I love the Joshua program.
Love you guy!

Michele said...

What an AWESOME program! I think it is amazing that you can participate. Be lights!