Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 223-229 Tuesday thru Monday

Lagging behind on the ol' blog lately...
But nothing really interesting has been happening in the Butler household! But I'll share anyway :)


When we got back from Arizona, we picked our first cantelope! And our massive squash :)




The girls have been begging me to make homemade pizza...



And the girls are really excited to start school on Wednesday , so they have been playing school a lot lately. Megan being the teacher :) Here is Chloe in Art...




And Science :)


Oh, and also in Art she is learning how to draw some really cute people :)



Speaking of School, most of you know that we've decided to homeschool this year. Never in a million years would I have thought I would of said this. Funny how things change. Anyway, we have no idea how long we will homeschool but we do know this is best for our family right now!We are excited but I would be lying if I didn't admit that I am scared! Not for the teaching part, but just for not having a break. So you can pray that the Lord would be my strength and that I would look to Him for refreshment.
So, we are going with Templeton Home School which is thru the public school system. They offer Spanish, Fine Arts and Pottery, Science Fairs and plenty of field trips! And its free!

I found a thru-the-Bible curriculum online that I'm really excited about, so we're going to try it out for a month and its really reasonable in price. Like $15 per curriculum book and theres 3 for the whole Bible. Its made to work for all ages, looks easy to teach and understand, and if you stick with it, can go thru the Bible 3 times by the time your kid graduates highschool. I hope it works out!
Last but not least..Rachel and Megan with their Dr. gear!




1 comment:

Donna said...

SUCH great pictures from the garden bounty to the girls.... Love them Keri! Will you please bring the girls and all your labors of love to Idaho someday? Such a small request! (Just messing with ya) Love you all! xoxo