Monday, July 12, 2010

Abby Qoutes..

Abby "Megan, I don't want a bra to change your whole life."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So, I read a short article in a magazine about a Mom who constantly reminds her daughter how she is priceless because she is fearfully and wonderfully made by God....she reminds her daughter by asking her how much she is worth to which her daughter replies "priceless... because God made me. " And then we go into why we are here and what is our purpose...to love the Lord God with all our heart, soul and mind and to love our neighbor as ourselves....
Anyhoo, I wanted to start do the same with the girls. So, I started with Megan. I had her read Psalm 139. She got it. I have been asking her how much she is worth and she gets it.

Anyway...Abbys turn!
(after reading Psalm 139 with her..)

Me: "Abby, you are PRICELESS because God made you!....So, Abby, how much are you worth?"

Abby with a big smile and jumping up and down like she does.... "Nothing! because God made me!"

We had to talk about what priceless means :)

3 comments:

Gracey Camp. said...

Do you still have the article? Sounds like a good one!

Keri said...

Have you read the mag Thriving Family by Focus on the Family? Laurie gave me a few that she had and I really like them. Anyway, I'll save them for you so you can check them out.

Kara said...

what a wonderful idea! that reminds me of another abby comment:).